Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wake up



So I have been reading this book by Derrick Jensen and I am learning a lot from it. He is a fantastic writer and even though I get really upset when I learn about how fucked up our situation really is with the environment and our culture, it is the truth. I've been analyzing humans and their actions for sometime now and it's pretty interesting. It's actually pretty scary however, seeing how asleep many of us are. I want to do something to help this planet survive before it's too late even though sometimes I think it would be better if we all just got destroyed honestly. I don't have humans, I love them but our culture went into the wrong direction. People really forgot what life is all about, their is so spirituality left anymore and this culture is really killing the planet, I mean REALLY KILLING THE PLANET. I don't understand how we can think that this is all okay, that we can keep on living like this with this lifestyle, we can't. The world needs to wake up and realize that even though we are recycling, the products such as plastic are still being made which is killing not only thousands of fish and mammals, not only is it poisoning the oceans and the land but it is killing us as well. Plastic is everywhere now, even in us and yes, it causes cancer people.Even if you don't care much for the environment or the animals( even though I don't understand how you couldn't) it will kill your loved ones as well. The industrial civilization has been lying to us for a while now, so many things have been just one big lie all along. Pthalates, used to make plastic soft, is fabricated about a billion pounds per year and now it is found in our blood, urine, saliva, breast milk, and seminal fluid.It is toxic to our reproductive systems. Marine trash kills more than a million seabirds and 100,000 mammals and turtles each year as well as thousands of fish. The garbage patches that are in the oceans have become nearly the size of Africa, they cover 40 percent of all the oceans and 25 of the entire planet. And did you know that 90 percent of the large fish in the oceans are gone, 97 percent of the words native forests have been cut,islands full of great auks are gone, rich runs of salmon are gone, the oceans are filled with plastic, every stream in the USA is contaminated with carcinogens. I can keep going on and on about this. Derrick Jensen is a great author, he describes everything so well, I would really recommend reading some of his books. "Part of the answer to living sustainably is not simply to reuse materials that should never have been made in the first place. It's to not make them at all." Derrick Jensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment