Wednesday, May 5, 2010





I was born in Ukraine and grew up there until the age of ten. It was a very drastic change for me moving to the US but an interesting experience in my life that made me who I am today. It is always great coming back there every summer and comparing the life and culture of the two countries. Ukraine and the U.S seem like completely two different worlds, however, very similar as well. Even though,the mentality of the people and lifestyles are completely different, the human intentions are very similar because we are all human no matter where we come from after all. The many moments that have been captured during my Ukrainian journey, shows what it is really like, the backroads of the country, the people who have lived there their whole lives, nothing touristic at all. Even though I have been living in the US for quite a while now, I have not considered myself a tourist at all when I go over there, all of my roots, my ancestors, it is all still there, and that is what I try to show through my art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment